“When you shop with People Tree, you can trust that your goods were made ethically and sustainably.”
It’s 2017, a new year for the fashion industry to find new ways to renew, reuse overall clothing and garments and find better ways to source and create such product, without causing major clothing waste. Over the past five years at least, we have seen new and eco-friendly fashion brands coming into the spotlight, while gaining genuine and determined success. We have literally seen HUGE brands such as one of my all-time favorites, Stella McCartney, making a KILLING in the sustainable arena. One of our new favourites, People Tree, have been creating fair trade, sustainable fashions for over 25 years. They just launched their chic and versatile new SS2017 line. And it’s AMAZING.
- TO SUPPORT producer partners’ efforts towards economic independence and control over their environment and to challenge the power structures that undermine their rights to a livelihood.
- TO PROTECT the environment and use natural resources sustainably throughout our trading and to promote environmentally responsible initiatives to create new models to promote sustainability.
- TO SUPPLY customers with good quality products, with friendly and efficient service, and build awareness to empower customers and producers to participate in Fair Trade and environmentally sustainable solutions.
- TO PROVIDE a supportive environment to all stakeholders and promote dialogue and understanding between them.
- TO SET AN EXAMPLE to business and the government of a Fair Trade model of business based on partnership, people-centered values and sustainability.
(courtesy of the People Tree mission – www.peopletree.co.uk)
People Tree is based in the lovely UK. This chic and eco-savvy brand has been around for 20+ years, and especially with their latest collection they have established themselves as one of the brands to watch. This is why we need to truly make a tremendous effort to give these brands the limelight and recognition they deserve. With the stripes trend and a fantastic colour spectrum in full force with their newest pieces they have climbed to the top of the ready to wear scene.
All the while helping the environment and bringing down waste production. The mission they developed is one the entire industry should take a look at. In this day and age of technology we are able to drastically reduce cruelty to animals by avoiding the use of natural furs and leather. The way faux leather, shearling and fur is created today you would never know the difference.