5 Top Artist Tips for Wedding Makeup!
1. ALWAYS get a makeup trial done. Some artists will do this for free, others will charge a product fee; no matter what it costs, pay it to have peace of mind leading up to your big day. You want to make sure your makeup artist understands exactly what you want, and there is no better way to ensure this then a makeup trial!
2. Wearing a white t-shirt to your makeup trial is also a noteworthy tip! Doing this allows you to gage how the makeup will look against your white dress, you want to be able to visualize your look as accurately as possible, and this will be the best (and last) opportunity you’ll have before the big day arrives!
3. Establish what type of colors you want on your day! Whether it be deep browns with earthy pink tones, or dark grey with shades of peach; a classic and timeless look is the best way to go. Avoid any unusually bright seasonal colors, or makeup fads that are passing through, when it goes out of style you might regret your choices and photos are forever!
4. It’s a given that most brides want to look natural on their wedding day, but the word “natural” isn’t always the best one to use (it’s easy to misinterpret natural makeup for minimal makeup, and most brides want natural colors but with full coverage foundation); so my biggest advice is to use the word “flawless.” You want your skin to look flawless on your wedding day accompanied by natural colors that compliment your skin tone, color, and overall appearance. Let your makeup artist determine what type of coverage is needed to achieve a flawless foundation look for your big day.
5. You absolutely want false eyelashes! I cannot stress this enough, so take your makeup artist’s advice and allow them to incorporate extra lashes into your wedding makeup. If you don’t want a full strip of lashes then there are other options available, there are some very natural looking half strip lashes, and there are also lashes that come in individual pieces (these are probably the most comfortable option for people that aren’t used to wearing lashes at all). Your eyes frame your face so you need to enhance them, lashes will complete your look!